“To be nobody-but-yourself — in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else — means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting.” – e.e. cummings

aries new moonSunday’s New Moon in Aries (11:46 am Pacific) activates your inner Warrior, Pioneer, Innovator, and initiates a new cycle of desire and self-discovery. What do you feel passionate about? What motivates you into action? What do you want, and do you have the courage to go after it?

This New Moon is super-charged – at 10 degrees Aries, it closely conjoins with Uranus (12 Aries), stirring up the desire for more freedom, creativity and authenticity. Where do you feel limited by old beliefs about who you are or who you think you should be? Where are you suppressing or resisting your true desires and true self? Uranus the Great Awakener opens the channel to higher sources of information, intuitively inspired cosmic downloads – so tune in!

Uranus is part of an ongoing t-square with Pluto in Capricorn and Jupiter in Cancer, which will peak in late April, when Mars in Libra moves into alignment and forms a rare and high-pressure Grand Cross (strongest April 20-23). Embracing and acting on these revolutionary, evolutionary insights about who you are and what you want – really stepping into your power as a creator in service to the collective – means confronting and breaking free from the trance of fear-based, disempowering stories about who you are, where you come from, and why you’re here.

solar eclipseIncreasing the intensity, the Grand Cross is sandwiched between two emotionally-charged Eclipses – the Libra Lunar Eclipse on April 15 and the Taurus Solar Eclipse on April 28. Eclipse Season, which begins with this New Moon, is a 6-week period of accelerated growth and change, typically featuring dramatic endings and beginnings. Changes that have been brewing behind the scenes are catalyzed into motion, and you get pulled into that mysterious, dark, often chaotic and uncomfortable space of the unknown, between the old and new.

As we prepare to enter the most amped-up astrology of 2014, the Aries New Moon wants you to get right with yourself. Whose life are you living? How much excitement, passion, aliveness do you feel on a daily basis? (More e.e. cummings [Libra Sun, Aries Moon]: “unbeingdead isn’t beingalive.”) Where are you holding back, afraid to take a risk?

Mars, the ruler of Aries, is Retrograde (March 1 to May 20), regenerating and reconnecting you with an old, long-buried desire, a part of yourself you’ve been afraid to see and embrace. Mars Retro in Libra asks you to rethink what you want in your relationships, and helps you find the hidden or shadow parts of yourself through the mirror of “the other.” What triggers you about another’s behavior holds useful information about what you don’t allow yourself to express, who you don’t allow yourself to be.

For more insight into what this New Moon means for YOU, find the house in your birth chart that contains 10 degrees Aries. The areas of life signified by that house are where you are: getting a wake-up call about who you are and what you really want; freeing yourself from life-juice-draining old patterns and activities; regenerating the courage to take a risk and follow your passion. The optimal time for tuning into this New Moon energy, making wishes and setting intentions is from Sunday, 11:45 am to Monday, 1:07 pm (Pacific Time).

This entry was posted in astrology and tagged , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

24 Responses to Regenerating True Desire and True Self – Sunday’s Super-Charged New Moon in Aries

1. Karen Hannegan says:

A wonderful read!

On Fri, Mar 28, 2014 at 11:54 AM, virgo magic

2. Wow, I will buckle up. New Moon right in my Uranus opposition. Another revolutionary year ahead… Thanks for mentioning the Uranus conjunction and bringing that to my attention.

3. alexandrahopeflood says:

Hi Emily,
    Freaking Bravo! I LOVE this post! After your Equinox post last week, I really thought carefully about what you meant when you said that Mars Retrograde in Libra asks us to go deeper. Then it hit me, I need to go even deeper into my North Node (in Aries) and embrace even further all that this truly means (holler Jan Spiller!). So for the last few days I’ve been revisting my North Node and further dedicating myself to leaning FULLY into it (already feeling a big shift!), when along comes this brilliant post to confirm this process. Hallelujah!! Love + Gratitude!! Alix

4. laurabruno says:

Reblogged this on Laura Bruno's Blog and commented:
    Some great tips for navigating these potent New Moon in Aries energies! Some favorite lines: “breaking free from the trance of fear-based, disempowering stories about who you are, where you come from, and why you’re here” … “(More e.e. cummings [Libra Sun, Aries Moon]: ‘unbeingdead isn’t beingalive.’) Where are you holding back, afraid to take a risk?” … “What triggers you about another’s behavior holds useful information about what you don’t allow yourself to express, who you don’t allow yourself to be.” Make the most of it!

5. ohnwentsya says:

Reblogged this on Spirit In Action and commented:
    Thank you!

6. Extremely insightful, wonderful explanations thank you

7. Reblogged this on Tania Marie's Blog and commented:
    Live the life you want to live and activate it into passionate action now! Yes, this is the theme for our New Moon in Aries today, which heralds a powerful collective rebirthing energy we can all tap into. It’s time to radiate who you really are and accelerate your vibration into courageous initiation of all you are here to share. It’s all about being the uniquely creative individual you were meant to be so that you are aligning with your authenticity and personal frequency. Change is moving swiftly and it will benefit you if you can embrace new risks with trust. This is a very regenerative and renewing time to start living as the natural magician you truly are.
    Thank you Laura Bruno for sharing this post by Emily Trinkaus, which shares some great insights. As Laura points out, it offers “some great tips for navigating these potent New Moon in Aries energies!” And, like Laura, I also love the line about “breaking free from the trance of fear-based, disempowering stories about who you are, where you come from, and why you’re here”.
    Here’s to an empowering New Moon!!

8. Michelangelo says:

So I AM having a birthday April 3 ,Born 04/03/1963 4;31a Det,Mi.I just have one question. WHATS HAPPENING ? Great info thank you.

9. Lori says:

Emily is always spot on with her posts! So maybe that’s why i’m feeling like my head is going to explode and I’m having an extreme out-of-body experience. Born May 11, 1963 during the middle of a Grand Cross in the fixed signs. I am a Taurus with Libra Rising. The Eclipses this month are in Taurus and Libra. I don’t even have words to describe the feelings I’m experiencing right now. I don’t know if I will survive the intensity since the energies are getting stronger through April. Anyone have any advice on how to survive these transits?

• sam jones says:

I’m also feeling it. I’ve been getting really bad headaches and neck tension. I’m Aries. The usual advice people give is rest as much as you can, drink water, meditate, do some yoga/qi gong…nurture yourself. Hope it’s not too bad for you :)

• Angela says:

Hello Lori,
      yep, a lot of people are floating around, and say they feel they’re in a really weird place–Limbo-land!
      Grounding the body is a good thing to practice–a few times a day in times like these!
      Katie took us through the process in the last Galactivation. I learned it in a slightly different way, and if you want help feel free to email me.
      Best wishes,
      A

• Lori says:

Thanks for your support and i’m glad to know others are in Limbo-land too! I don’t feel so alone when I hear others are being affected as well : )

• Mary says:

I would recommend getting yourself out into nature as much as possible! If your climate allows, walk barefoot on the ground and soak up the chi of the earth.
      Sit or stand with your back against a large tree and allow the tree to help you balance and restore your energies.
      Be very mindful in your scheduling of yourself, if possible keep things light. Give yourself solitude and quiet and be judicious about how much time you stay “plugged in” to social media, texting, email, etc…
      Give your body foods that are truly nourishing to you (poor nutrition exacerbates stress) and drink lots of water. Rescue Remedy or other flower remedies are also helpful and supportive on subtle levels.
      Pay attention to your breath…pull your breath deeply into your lungs. This sends an “All is Well” message to your body…shallow breathing perpetuates the “fight or flight” mental/emotional cycle.
      Find whatever helps you feel most centered and do your best to surf the waves.
      A good mantra is Om Shanti Om (Om shahn-tee Om) Meaning, Om Supreme Peace Om!

Excellent advice, Mary!! Thanks so much.

• Lori says:

Thank you, Mary! I really appreciate the valuable input from everyone who responded. Emily said there were huge changes coming for me starting this year and she was right on. The first major event happened on January 13. That one event has completely changed the course of my life and I now have another opportunity to restart my business on a slightly different twist. Thank you, Jupiter, you are a lucky star! It’s a complete and total blessing to be at home working on my own gig as these cosmic events unfold. I’ve had some major naps the last week and have completely unplugged from everything. I only listen to the radio at home and my senses haven’t even been able to tolerate that lately. I don’t have a cell phone, so that helps immensely. Om shahn-tee Om is my new centering mantra!

10. Christine says:

My Chiron is at 10 degrees Aries! What the heck does that mean??

11. Christine says:

Oh, and it’s in the 11th house, too.

12. sam jones says:

This was great.. thanks :)

13. What if you don’t have any Aries in any houses?