Calling All Creators and Earth Lovers – Tonight’s Solar Eclipse in Taurus

taurus solar eclipse

collage by Emily

Tonight’s Solar Eclipse is a super-potent New Moon, planting a seed for a new beginning that will develop over the next six months and even the next 19 years.

At every New Moon, the Sun and Moon – the cosmic Father and Mother – unite at the same degree of the zodiac, giving birth to a new cycle. At a Solar Eclipse, their union is so precise (from our perspective on Earth) that the Moon’s shadow temporarily blocks the light of the Sun:  a profound re-setting of consciousness, a regeneration of the creative life force. What wants to be “eclipsed” (released, composted, transformed) to free up energy for a rebirth?

In earthy, sensual Taurus, this Eclipse marks a turning point in our relationship to the material world – our own bodies and the body of our home planet; money, possessions and other resources; food. High-vibration Taurus is the fertile, life-giving Earth Goddess, the Environmentalist, the Lover and Protector of the Natural World.

Shadow Taurus is living large in our culture in the form of treating nature as a “resource” to be consumed and exploited rather than an extension of, and inextricably connected with, our bodies. The illusion of the separate self turns us into “consumers,” stuffing ourselves with food that’s not nourishing, hoarding more and more crap that doesn’t actually make us feel better. “You can never get enough of what you don’t really need,” says mythologist Michael Meade (I’ve been listening to his latest CD, Finding Genius).

It seems appropriate that the Food Revolution Summit, hosted by John and Ocean Robbins and with the tagline “heal your body and the world with food,” coincides with this Taurus Eclipse. I’ve been tuning in intermittently and just this morning heard anti-GMO activist Andrew Kimbrell of the Center for Food Safety channeling high-vibration Taurus: “We’re not consumers, we’re creators.

taurusThis Eclipse wants us to tap into that abundant, fertile, flowing creative power that comes from loving and being rooted in our bodies and the Earth. The glyph for Taurus – which looks like the head of the Bull – was also traditionally associated with the female reproductive system, the womb and fallopian tubes. What new life are you incubating in the dark womb of this Eclipse?

For more specific insight into what this Eclipse means for YOU, find the house in your birth chart that contains 9 degrees Taurus (that’s 8 degrees 51 minutes, for my fellow Virgos). The areas of life signified by that house are where you’re invited to: regenerate your creative power; realign with your values and priorities; reevaluate your needs and let go of what you no longer need but are holding onto out of fear; work on deepening your self-love, self-worth and inner security. The best time for setting intentions is after 11:14 pm (Pacific) tonight, or all day tomorrow (Tuesday).

This entry was posted in astrology and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

33 Responses to Calling All Creators and Earth Lovers – Tonight’s Solar Eclipse in Taurus

1. angelaursery says:

I am *loving* the collages, Emily. They are quite potent. Thank you for sharing them with us.

2. can you help me determine what house is nine degrees of Taurus–don’t know why I’m so stupid about this–thanks, as usual for a GREAT post. I’ve been noticing a shift in my attitudes about money, food etc…just as you said….

3. Maria says:

I don’t have any planets in Taurus or anything at 8 degrees.

4. Kate‎ Cummings says:

Hi Emily,

I tried following your instruction from a previous post on figuring out houses – is this solar eclipse in my 9th house?

If so, my moon is also in Taurus – does that further enhance this eclipse for me?

Great thanks in advance, Kate

5. Jill says:

Such amazing information! Thank you.

6. Thank you Emily!! As always!! Love you, High Priestess! <3

7. Elena Rose says:

I think it’s in my 2nd or 3rd house but not sure if I’m doing it right. Can you confirm? Here is my chart: http://www.astro.com/cgi/chart.cgi?rs=3&btyp=w2gw&amp;;&cid=dm6filerOmJWK-u1391238428

8. Sheryl Bugalski says:

did you see the eclipse??

hi Sheri! The eclipse wasn’t visible in this part of the world, since it happened at night… I think the Aussies were able to see it?

9. Ty says:

Good morning, my birthday was yesterday at 3:55PM mountain time. Any idea what this means for me or anywhere this might be interpreted to get better insight?

hi Ty – Wow – that’s powerful! This is a year of regeneration and eventual rebirth. Often when a Solar Eclipse happens on your birthday, there’s a feeling of needing to retreat or go into the dark/Underworld for a few months. The idea is that your solar energy – your life force, vitality, creativity, and sense of identity – is going through a kind of death and rebirth, and needs to temporarily withdraw in order to go through this process of reconfiguration and regeneration. I had a solar eclipse on my birthday in 2007, and indeed there were a lot of major life changes, a lot of letting go, and spending a few months being very much in the dark and in the mystery. But it all seemed to serve a bigger purpose, and I came out of it with renewed vitality and a new sense of myself and my purpose. Best wishes for your journey toward rebirth, Emily

• Ty says:

Uhhh, wow Emily. You hit the nail on the head. Feeling a little lost, uncertain and there are some major decisions I am going to have to make in my life soon. I feel like crawling under a rock for a bit, which is odd for me. I tend to be spontaneous, passionate…alive. Dreaming and living the dreams I create. I feel like something has come and snuffed my candle. Where did I go? Looking forward to rebirth.

10. laurabruno says:

Reblogged this on Laura Bruno's Blog and commented:
    I was awake last night in the week hours of morning East Coast time, setting my own intentions and enjoying the gentle, yet potent natural energies of the Solar Eclipse and New Moon in Taurus. In case you missed the actual moment, you can still tune in to the amplified energies today:
    “The best time for setting intentions is after 11:14 pm (Pacific) [Monday] night, or all day tomorrow (Tuesday).”

11. Reblogged this on Ascension Angels and commented:
    Thank you Emily… have a SUPER solar eclipse! :)

12. emily says:

Birthday 428! Thank you! Thank you, Emily! I am your follower!

13. jodylund says:

I am also confused about the ninth house with Taurus? I am born 22/10 so cusp Libra/Scorpio.

14. Jessica says:

Hi Emily – could you share where that photo of the woman came from? It has an uncanny resemblance to my mother & sister!

15. Hi,love your articles,follow you on Facebook!